We have an immediate opening for an experienced QA / Business Analyst with automation testing experience building automated test scripts. Your skills are needed to assist AMLI Residential, headquartered in downtown Chicago, with a complete rewrite of our existing website and all the services it uses to deliver content. The rewrite will be done using the latest Microsoft .NET technologies and leveraging Visual Studio 2017, SQL Server, and Azure. Familiarity with TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Git for source control are a plus. Qualified candidates will be called upon to work in a dual QA (70%)/ BA (30%) capacity, collaborating with the development team, business, marketing, and other senior members of leadership.
While your primary responsibilities will focus on developing and implementing automation strategies, test plans, standards and processes, including automated testing scripts to address scalability, usability, reliability, and functionality, you will also assist in the facilitation and translation of business systems requirements into actionable technical design specifications. Activities will include:
Quality Assurance Activities:
- Design, develop, maintain, and run automated test suites and detailed test scripts to perform functional testing of applications based on business requirements.
- Work with development team to develop automated test plans, test cases and strategies.
- Participate in all aspects of automated testing, including functional, regression, load and security testing
- Track and report test execution status and effectively document defects, including reproduction cases/data/environment.
- Partner and effectively communicate with project stakeholders and programmers.
- Participate in review of product requirements specifications, providing feedback and guidance on required use-case detail.
- Able to work both independently and with a team, potentially with minimal supervision.
Business Analyst Functions:
- Create Use Cases and workflows to define and describe interaction of participants.
- Lead the software requirements gathering and documentation effort interacting with stakeholders.
- Understand and articulate both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Support both end user features and core platform needs such as the ability to scale both vertically and horizontally.
- Assessing feature requests and bugs coming into the app dev team queue.
- Communicate clearly business objective and efforts being performed to accomplish them.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of equivalent work experience Quality Assurance and Business Systems Analysis required.
- 3 years (minimum) of test automation/design experience in Visual Studio or testing .NET based applications and working knowledge of relational database systems. Please note that the client uses the test harness that comes with Visual Studio to drive both manual testing and unit tests which are deployed both locally and in Azure
- Visual Studio 2017 VSTS Testing (Unit testing, load testing, automated testing, database testing and code coverage) is a major plus!
- Must have the ability and experience writing SQL queries for creating, updating, and analyzing test data.
- Must be able to write and execute automated testing scripts for functional, and regression, load and security testing.
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Experience testing in Agile Environment/Scrum is preferred.
AMLI is an equal employment opportunity employer that encourages personal and professional growth. Our corporate office is located in downtown Chicago, close to all forms of public transportation. We offer a competitive salary along with management bonuses and benefit and recognition programs. Apply online now and discover the boundless opportunities available here at AMLI.